Sunday, July 4, 2010

Proper Soul, day 3

Started out the day by warming up at Summersville lake. Went down to Orange Oswald and climbed some of the classic 5.10 and 5.11's with a beautiful young lady. It was pretty busy being fourth of July weekend and all. However, we were able to climb what we wanted without having to wait in any lines. After warming up and basking in the sun i was starting to get a little antsy for Proper Soul. I Left around 4pm and got out to Endless around 5sih. The Sun Completely leaves the Cirque around 5:30 and things finally start to cool off a bit.

My first burn was good. I made it to my previous high point and fell exiting the dihedral again. However, i worked the sequence a little and figured out some really good foot beta for the move where i was falling. Feeling good about the new beta i lower from there in an attempt to save enough energy for one really good red-point burn.

My second burn i was noticeable more tired climbing through the dihedral. However, i was still able to try out the new foot beta which worked and felt pretty good. I was able to reach past my previous high point and grab the next hold which is a good flat jug. I fell adjusting on the jug when my foot slipped off. With the day winding down i got back on from there to try and one hang the route. I climbed from the middle of the dihedral to the last hard section a couple of holds from the chains. I felt really good about the new high point and was also able to learn a little bit about how i my body would feel on the top part of the route. With weather this good it has been hard to take full rest days. Today will be my six day of climbing in a row. None the less i am feeling good and plan on getting on it again this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment