Sunday, July 18, 2010

The NEW

Two weeks ago I sent Proper Soul 5.14a at the Cirque at Endless wall(sendless no more). I had probably put ten days of effort into the climb and was psyched to finally send the rig. I had been working the climb with the legend himself Porter Jarrard. It was special to work Proper Soul with Porter because had a hand in bolting it back in the 90's. The day i sent Porter and I had identical first burns on Proper Soul. Both of us fell on the move leaving the dihedral. Porter had to head to work, but local Chris Helm and i stuck around. Chris gave me a great motivational/safety talk and then belayed me as i fought and pushed through the mid day heat and humidity on my way to the anchors. Thanks Chris!

Photo Credit: Taylor Strohmeyer.

With funds getting tighter, i picked up a job serving tables at Porter Jarrard's new restaurant the Vandalin. I have never served tables or even worked in a restaurant and i am excited for the opportunity and experience. If you stop through Fayetteville, I highly recommend the restaurant. The dinner entrees that come out of that kitchen are 5 star pieces of art that taste as great as they look. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment